Friday, June 18, 2010

Hey peeps! I am sorry for the gap in updates. There has been good news and some sad news in the last month or so. The good news is that I have a new job and they let me use actual paints there. Can't argue with that! As a result, I have some watercolor/marker beasties to show you, but I can't give ya more context than that.











The sad news I was referring too before was that one of my rats, Candy, passed away this week from a sudden and aggressive onset of pneumonia. I was going to post a drawing of her, but it's not ready just yet. She fought hard and for a time I thought we would beat the microbes back, but it was just too much ._. Sometimes I wonder why I keep getting rats when I know that their life span is so short, though Candy left us before she was even a year old. I hope that now, her lungs are no longer heavy and her tummy is finally full <3.

11 comments:

artistaggie said...

Adorable sketches, Steph! I especially like the little griffs :-) So very sorry about Candy -- losing a beloved pet sucks. <:-(

Eunjung June Kim said...

congratulation on your new job.

and i am so sorry to hear about your Candy :'(

jenjo0623 said...

ABOUT TIME! love to see your new stuff!

michaelamos said...

these are awesome! great work!

Wayne B. Medina said...

These are really great! and I'm sorry about your Candy.

Gabby Zapata said...

These sketches are amazing! I'm sorry about your loss :( But congrats on the job!

Zaff said...

really cool !

KATia Grifols said...

Heyyy!
Cool work! ilove rally!

Kt

Micah Lewis said...

Wow! These are so awesome. I love the shapes

Unknown said...

Hi Steph. My belated condolences for the loss of your pet. It's always hard to lose a pet.

The sketches you posted are really wonderful.Your work just keeps getting better and better.

Nicole Cardiff said...

Those are some cute critter drawings! I like the little touches like the vulture-esque heads...