Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hey guys, there's this little shindig happening next week in LA that I will be at! Check out the CTN Expo! I will have a table sporting some prints, the last of my art books (less than a doezen left!), some jewelry, holiday cards, my portfolio flatbook (for your humbly delicious consideration, potential clients!) and a surprise or two. You can find me at table 22.

I will also be doing a live art demo (time TBD) where you can watch my process and ask how/why I do the stuff I do. Then there's Speed Talent, which is catered towards students and peers alike where I will be wearing a spiffy badge indicating that you can come up to me and ask for a critique on your body of work. Fair warning, I'm very nice but kind of blunt, but don't take it the wrong way - I am approachable and think you are neato and want to see what you've been up to and swap some ideas! One of the best parts of giving critiques is that I get to see many different styles of work and learn through teaching :)

What else is going on? Oh, this and that. Things I can't show you right away but here are some sketches and mind farts as of late.







Hope to see some of you down south next week!

7 comments:

DivaLea said...

Hey, Steph, I finally saw UP (had to wait for DVD, long and stupid story about what I can't go see movie in theaters).
Oh MAN, did this one get me! Pixar's most accomplished work yet. So gorgeous, so unflinching emotionally, so gorgeous. If I had been alone, I'd have really gone to blubbery pieces.

Glad to read you're so busy that we (the ROYAL we) have been deprived of your awesomeness.

Good luck at the show! If I could be there, I'd brave a critique.

Wayne Parker said...

Oooo Steph, nice work, really like the queen bee - it's awesome :)

Celeste said...

Ahh, it was so cool to meet you! I never thought I'd go to a con and end up talking about my rats for ten minutes.

Wayne B. Medina said...

hey steph! thank you for looking at my portfolio today! and see...told you i'll follow you..love the blog and the title

take care

Amy said...

The bees look awesome.

Is that old-school watercolour?

Congrats on your CTN weekend, sounds like you had a good time!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Favela said...

hey steph!! it was great to meet you at the expo. your artwork makes me happy :)